Biological Monitoring-Urine Alcohol and Drug Testing
Health Upwardly Mobile (HUM) Inc. provides random urine drug Point of Care Testing (POCT) as part of continuing care for abstinence-based recovery from Addiction. POCT results can be provided within 15 minutes. The negative tests will serve as an objective base for any advocacy reports that may be needed on the client’s behalf.
The client will be notified of positive test results and further treatment recommendations will be discussed jointly, to improve stability in recovery.
Any out of town absences require 48 hours notification and failure to show for a urine specimen will be considered a positive specimen and be recorded as such.
All positive tests will be confirmed by an independent laboratory through Calgary Health Labs in accordance with Chain of Custody protocol. The cost of one confirmatory test is included; however, detailed confirmation will be $75 per drug and the responsibility of the individual providing the urine specimen.
Urine alcohol and drug testing schedule
12 tests per quarter …………..RED GROUP
9 tests per quarter…………….ORANGE GROUP
6 tests per quarter…………… YELLOW GROUP
3 tests per quarter……………..BLUE GROUP
For more information about the biological monitoring and fees, please contact us at 403-536-2480 or email@example.com
MRO – Medical Review Officer
As a licensed physician with knowledge of substance abuse, Dr. Hajela is qualified as a Medical Review Officer (MRO) to review mandated drug tests from a lab. Our MRO will review lab results, interview the donor when necessary, determine whether an alternative medical explanation could account for a positive test result, report the verified result to the employer, and maintain the confidentiality of the information.
- Serves as the objective gatekeeper of program quality in drug testing.
- Is a licensed physician who is responsible for receiving and reviewing laboratory results generated by an employer’s drug testing program and evaluating medical explanations for certain drug test results.
- Renders an opinion about whether or not here is a legitimate medical explanation for a confirmed laboratory finding.
- Reviews results to make certain the specimen belongs to the donor.
- MROs have a responsibility to correctly verify test results.
- By reviewing both negative and positive results this function also serves to protect the donor alleviate fears among participants in the program.
The MRO, through training and experience, is knowledgeable in the areas of:
- the pharmacology of drugs of abuse
- accepted pharmacological treatment and standard prescribing practices for specific disease process
- the use and authorization to prescribe controlled substances consistent with local and federal drug regulations
- ethical considerations in workplace drug testing programs,
- laboratory testing methodology and quality control, laws ad regulations related to the use of illicit and licit substances
- chemical dependence and addiction behavior
- employee assistance programs and rehabilitation.
For more information about Medical Review Officer services and fees, please contact us at 403-536-2480 firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about HUM’s policies, including cancellations and fees, please click here